Wow, another big rush for the Karl Phillips & The Midnight Ramblers album yesterday! For those readers who are London-based, they're playing Babalou in Brixton on Friday so if you get chance, go check them out.
Pick Of The Day today are our range of Stargazer hair dyes. The Stargazer dyes are semi-permanent, which means you can change your mind as often as you like. Personally, I'm a big fan of Violet at the moment, having just switched from Rouge. The best sellers are constantly changing, but Rouge, Tropical Green, Coral Blue and Hot Red are always popular, and as I mentioned before, there's been a surge in the more ginger/auburn colours like Dawn, Copper and Coral Gold. Below are our top tips for using the Stargazer dyes, garnered from years of personal experience and chatting with our model, Tahnee (also the official Unorthodox colourist and a trained hairdresser).:
1. The colours shown on the display stand demonstrate what the dyes come out as on bleached white hair. If you're not bleaching your hair, or it tends to bleach only to orange or yellow, take that into consideration. As the Stargazer dyes don't contain bleach, you might want to consider pre-lightening for best results.
2. Don't see the exact colour you want? Stargazer dyes can be mixed to make your perfect shade.
3. Noone can really predict how long the colour will last. It depends on a lot of factors such as the base colour of your hair, how often you wash it, products you use, the condition it's in when you dye it. To help it last longer, try using dry shampoo when you can, don't use conditioner just before you dye your hair (it prevents the dye from getting a good hold) and use a leave-in spray one when you hair is coloured rather than a wash-out one, don't spend ages rinsing your hair (you're not aiming for the water to run clear like with some permanent dyes).
4. If you have pre-lightened your hair and want to put off fading, think about choosing a shade darker than you normally would. Lighter shades fade faster.
5. If you're not sure, just ask! Whether you're buying in store or online, just get in touch. We want you to be happy with your results so if we can be of any help, we're more than happy to waffle on about these dyes given the chance!
6. Not ready to take the plunge on the wilder colours? Why not try one of the Stargazer Neon Gel Colours? They wash out but might give you an idea of what you want.
Please let us know if you have any other hints or tips!
View the Stargazer Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Colour on our online shop.
Have a great Thursday. So close to the weekend now!
Now Playing In The Shop: My Last Request - Grim